Follow

Sunday, April 20, 2014

If you take it, you have to schlepp it


In an effort to minimize the weight I had to haul around, I took one small suitcase, lightly packed, one carry-on, lightly packed, a handbag, and I wore a Scottevest.  The suitcase went into checked baggage, cameras, ipad, and chargers went into Scottevest, along with money, passport, and tickets. One set of meds, liquids bag, one set of tops, extra jacket, flipflops, went into carry-on.  The other five tops, five underwear, extra shoes, suit,  slax, bathroom bag, went into checked.  Pencils and pads, various miscellany, went into checked.

How do you make it work for two weeks?

This is how.


The checked bag also included a few clothespins and laundry soap in a little shampoo bottle.  (One of the women swears by Pert for oily hair.  Cleans well and takes out grease spots.)  I also packed a pack of shoelaces from the dollar store so that I could make a line of any length.  Works slick.  It helps to have a balcony.  (BTW, those sox were bought at Brooks Brothers in 1976, when D needed a great suit.  It pays to buy quality!)

Most apartments in Sorrento have special lines to hang clothes because no one uses or even has a drier.  So I didn't feel out of place hanging clothes on the balcony.



This is taken from my balcony.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Gorgeous! It looks as if you are having a great time!