Follow

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Food on Thursday on the Amalfi Drive


I guess I've had enough pasta.  Today's lunch was spaghetti with a red sauce.  I didn't even photograph it.  There was also tossed salad with fresh fruit salad for dessert.

Later that afternoon, I added to the food groups:
That was nocciola.  Nuts are nutritious, aren't they?

I could have chosen pasta or soup for a first course.
I chose seafood risotto instead.  It was delicious, with lots of clams, tiny octopus, tender small slices of calamari, pieces of shrimp.  It was excellent.


For seconds, I chose a cheese plate.
At 12 and 6 are ricotta.  The top one has herbs.  At 9 and 3 are smoked mozzarella.  At 4 is fresh mozzarella.  In the center is fresh pear.

Others chose soup or salad for starters and pork or pasta for main.   Dessert choices were green apple gelato or panna cotta or my choice of fresh fruit.  I asked what the fruit was, and they said banana and mandarin orange.  I thought that was an odd mix, and I wondered how much sugar syrup they would add, but when It came, I saw there was no syrup. . . It was one whole banana and two tangerines!  I ate one refreshing tangerine and brought one back to the room.  The person next to me took the banana.

Tomorrow we go to Paestum.  I am looking forward to the Greek Temples and the museum.

1 comment:

Rose said...

The pictures of food are making my mouth water! Looks like you are enjoying the trip so far. The hotels look nice - the first one was surprisingly large, the white-on-white room was more in line with my impression of European hotel rooms. My impression only since I've never been to Italy!