Follow

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hotel Villa Romana, Minori, Italy




We arrived at our hotel, Hotel Villa Romana, in Minori, Italy.  The busdriver who had picked us up from the piazza in Amalfi, dropped us off at a parking lot on the beach.  A van came to pick up our luggage, and we walked up the hill to our hotel.

The room is white on white.

It is quite small, with a nice large bed.  In the corner is a corner cupboard.  The little square cabinet houses the refrigerator and mini bar.

The bathroom is also small, but has everything you need.  (Except extra towels.). There is one bath towel, one bath mat, one hand towel, one bidet towel.  

When I got to my room, tired, I unpacked a bit, but I could not make the TV work.  I haven't seen TV in almost two weeks, and I thought I would check the BBC.  And the lights did not work either.  I forgot the trick!

Underneath the lightswitch is a plexiglass half circle.  And it is not for holy water!

You have to put your room key in the slot to enable power to the room.

What a great energy saver.  Now a guest cannot leave lights on when they go out!
Unfortunately, it also means you cannot charge your toys.  I was afraid my camera was broken when it did not charge in the hours I was at dinner!  But it charged in a short time when I got back.

The view from my room ... left looking.  It's a little hazy and humid today, and the picture is not crisp.

All those green things are mesh tarps protecting the lemons from the cold and the wind,

Now right looking.


We go down to dinner at 7:15.

The next day, while getting ready for dinner, I heard a cat fight.  I thought I heard an immature rooster.

And there is a cat.  He heard the rooster, too.  They are behind the green mesh screen.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Sigh.... Lemon trees...