Follow

Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday morning in Sorrento


Breakfast was hurried because we left at 8AM for Pompeii.  I had cafe latte, OJ, fresh fruit salad, ham, provolone, a delicious cheese similar to Havarti, and, for starch, I chose cookies.  I figured it was not very different from croissants (which I had yesterday, with cherry jam.). Everyone should eat cookies for breakfast.

Then to Pompeii, where we walked for four hours.  It will take me a while to sort the pictures and write about the day.

After Pompeii, we went to a local trattoria where we had prosciutto and melon, salad, and our first taste of Pizza Marguerita.  Dessert was gellato.
I was very hungry,  especially since it was 1:30, but it does not hold a candle to Nina's. (I had already eaten 1/3 before I took the picture.)

Now off to a lecture on the customs of Sorrento.

No comments: