Follow

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Morning in Sorrento


We left at 9:00 AM for a walk to the Tarsia Museum.
I was only moderately interested, and after a few blocks at a fairly quick pace, on a beautiful, but humid morning, I decided this wasn't fun, and I told the group to go on without me.  Then I used the morning to explore the town.  

I enjoyed moving at my own pace, with time to stop wherever I wanted.  I window-shopped and sat and watched the passaggiata.


€3.00 for a basket of strawberries is about $4.  My hotel has wonderful fresh fruit at each meal, and if you are not interested in the dessert of the day, they bring fresh fruit.  

I was looking for lemoncello filled candies.  I found them in this shop.
No bargain, in this shop called, Il Vino, but they are delicious.  He also offered me a taste of limoncello. Mind you, it was 9:45 AM.  
We had some at the dinner last night, and I found it to be bitter.  
But this one was delicious.  Our group leader suggested waiting to buy it until we tried the good stuff at the agroturismo Galatea, when we go on Tuesday.

And I took time to smell the flowers.

It was a lovely morning.

Buona Pasqua!







No comments: