Follow

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Dinner on Thursday at the Grand Hotel Cesare Augusto in Sorrento


All this walking leaves me hungry!   I was definitely ready for dinner.

I chose the linguini della donna.

The sauce is tomatoes lightly cooked in oil with capers and olives.  Delicious.

For "secundo" I decided to try the grilled mozzarella.

Look at the size of the portion!  It came with spinach and mashed potatoes.  I could not possibly eat that much, but it was delicious.  

Dessert was creme caramel, but I chose fresh fruit instead.

Our group leader said that we would not be getting fresh fish.  It is too expensive.

I guess I'll have to enjoy them in the market and imagine,



Actually we have two dinners and two lunches "on your own", but my thinking is that a gelato would make a wonderful meal.  Or two. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The linguini della donna looks like what I've always heard called "puttanesca." Guess they decided it's not politically correct... - R.

L or D said...

or they didn't want to translate it!