Follow

Friday, April 18, 2014

Free Evening in Sorrento






this evening, Thursday, is "dinner on your own".  I was peopled out, so decided not to join groups going out for dinner.  Our tour guide had told us about a wine shop that has wine on tap for €2 a liter.  I'll try anything... and I'm cheap, so I wandered down the road to the grocery store.  Turns out the only containers they had were five liter bottles, so I looked around.

It's a tiny store, about the size of a livingroom.

I was surprised to see Rana filled pasta.  I often splurge on it at home, but it can cost $5.
Check this out:

That would be about $2.70.  I wonder if this is a promotion.  This is an American company.

The deli was fantastic.
This was shot through slanted glass.  The mortadella is at least 9 inches in diameter.

They also sell Barilla pasta.

But I still didn't have wine.  I was about to buy €7 bottle (almost $10) when I discovered their 1liter box wine.  The price was amazing at €1.85.  (about $2.50).  It's drinkable, but just barely.


On the walk back, with a gelato and pastry under my belt, I was impressed with the parking.


Do you suppose they will manually lift the car out?

It's time to slop down some wine.






No comments: