Follow

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Hermès Scarf - Feux de Route

 

This lovely Hermès scarf, Feux de Route, was designed by in 1971 by Caty Latham.

The center shows the rear of a carriage with a large lantern.  
Woven wicker design frames the entire scarf.




In the center near the bottom is the scarf title:  FEUX DE ROUTE


In the bottom left corner is HERMÈS - PARIS  ©.



This scarf was designed by Caty Latham, but unlike most of her scarves, this is unsigned.
Caty Latham has designed lots of scarves for Hermès.   Most are signed.  
I obviously like her style, and have blogged most of them.
Check out these.
CopeauxFarandoleWashington's Carriage, Feux de Route, Feux de Route plissée, and  Roues de Canon.

Like all the vintage Hermès scarves, this is 100% silk.  
I only get the 90cm size, which is the standard for the carre (square).

And, like all Hermès scarves, this drapes well.
 



The scarf looks totally different when plissé (pleated).

. . . 
The pleating is done by Hermès and I have heard that you can send one of your regular ones back to Hermès to be pleated (for a cost, of course).

To see the other Hermès scarves I have blogged, click here.

1 comment:

Rebecca Hillick said...

This is a beautiful scarf. I think I prefer the flat scarf where the design shows over the pleated one. Amy and I are thinking, dreaming really, about taking a trip to Paris together. I have started to do French lessons using the 4 county library app. It's free! Apparently the French language has changed some since I learned it. I was so happy to see comments from you. I hope we will have more posts for you to comment on.