Follow

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Hermès Scarf - Bride de Cour

Many Hermès scarves have a horse theme.   The company was originally a leather-goods maker, with a specialty of horse gear.

This lovely Hermès scarf is titled, "Bride de Cour," which translates to "Court Bridle".  It was designed in 1969 by Françoise de la Perrière.  

(She also designed Les Voitures a Transformation and Cuivreries)  



I have no idea how or when "court bridles" are used.
But I loved the color of the scarf.



The copyright C in a circle is used from 1972 to 1989.  This scarf has had the care label removed, so I am unable to date it more closely than that.



Like all Hermès scarves, this drapes and ties beautifully.






To see the other Hermès scarves I have blogged, click here.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, these colors are stunning. Lovely with an autumn ensemble. The below email is not one I use.