Follow

Monday, August 2, 2021

La Clé des Champs - Hermès Scarf #2

 A year ago I got a scarf, La Clé des Champs, in lovely pastel shades of damask silk.  It is one of my favorite scarves, although it is well worn.  I was tickled to find another with a gray border.

The scarf was designed in 1965.  It was reissued in 1990 and 1995.  Hermès stopped producing damask fabric in 2001/2002.  This gray one is a more recent iteration, and it is not a damask fabric.

Some other differences are the location of the artist signature, Fr(ançoise) Faconnet.

. . . 

And the Hermès Paris.  The early one does not have a copyright mark.

{Update 11/17/22: After two years of searching, I found the copyright mark on the older scarf.

. . . 


Like all Hermès scarves, this drapes well and is fascinating to study.











Hard to believe - the last Hermès blog post was four months ago!

To see the other Hermès scarves I have blogged, click here.







No comments: