Follow

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Hermès Scarf - Cuivreries

 

The lovely Hermès scarf, Cuivreries, was designed by Françoise De La Perriere, in 1963.

   

The scarf title is in the center with the horses.



The artist signature, is in the lower right.

The care tag dates from the 60s.

.. ..   


Alas, this wonderful scarf has a stain.  It has already been cleaned, so I guess the stain is here to stay.  

Fortunately, it is not particularly noticeable and it means I can freely enjoy wearing the scarf!

~~~

"Cuivreries" are horse brasses.  The brasses on this scarf are all different and interesting.






I spent a long time trying to find the copyright mark.  Most Hermès scarves have ©Hermès printed on them, and the location can vary.  Finally, I gave up looking and researched.  The copyright mark has been used since 1967, so I guess this is a quite old scarf.  Sometimes before that they used a hidden C.

Le copyright n’existe pas sur les carrés Hermès avant 1967

a partir de cette date il y figure toujours !

soit de manière discrète le © caché dans le dessin, ou très simplement le © proche de Hermès.

si votre carré ne comporte aucun copyright, il date d’avant 1967. 

https://communaute.ebay.fr/t5/Acheter-sur-eBay/absence-de-copyright-sur-foulards-hermes-anciens/qaq-p/1565387

In looking more closely, perhaps I have found the C Look at the center panel with the pair of horses.  But that might be my imagination.  Let me know what you think.  

In the 2016 reissue of this scarf, "Hermes Scarf Guides" show the copyright in 2016:


.~.

Of course, this Hermès scarf drapes well and is a joy to wear.


To see the other Hermès scarves I have blogged, click here.


No comments: