Follow

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Cookies - December 15

It's cookie making time.  

I saw a video of a person making five different cookies starting with a basic recipe and adding to change it.  That sounded like fun. 

I had just tried using a cookie press to make cookies and that was extremely frustrating, since the cookies wouldn't stick to the cookie sheet.  Aargh.  She piped cookies, it went smoothly, and it looked great!  It looked so much easier and more fail-safe.  Famous last words?  So that's where I began.

I cut the recipe into thirds:

- 750 gr soft room temp Butter ( 6 2/3 sticks ) 250g
- 300 gr Powdered Sugar ( 2 1/2 cups) 100g
- 3 room temp X Large Egg Whites 1
- 900 gr All purpose Flour ( 6 cups + 1/2 cup). 300g
- 3 tsp Vanilla 1 tsp

- 1/4 tsp Salt   dash

Then I put the dough in a very sturdy pastry bag with one of the star tips.
I think her workspace was much warmer than my kitchen.  My dough was "room temperature", but it was very difficult to pipe, taking a lot of hand strength, and here's the result.


Sadly, that's my best work!

Here are some that have been dipped in chocolate and sprinkles.
 Toward the end, I gave up and made thumbprint cookies (bottom right).  With a puddle of chocolate and some sprinkles they are good.

I guess you could say they are festive. .  
And they are really delicious if you like a buttery not-too-sweet cookie.


For tips and advice, check the video that started this:  




2 comments:

R. said...

Is it just coincidence that the first photo shows SOS cookies?

Becky said...

Back when I baked cookies, the children and Ed knew to eat the slightly defective cookies first. I have years of experience doing that, Let me know if you need help. They look delicious!