Follow

Monday, September 1, 2014

No Knead Bread from King Arthur Flour


We went to the Oxford Farmers' Market on Saturday.  Now that we have our first Cherokee Purple tomatoes, it was time for Tomato, Cheddar, and Mayo sandwiches on good bread.  There was an artisan bread baker who had lovely ciabatta bread for sale at $5/loaf.  It was nice to learn that my bread is better!!!  So it was time to get baking.  This time I used the recipe from King Arthur Flour.

After a two-hour initial rise, I left the dough in the refrigerator in a covered plastic tub overnight.

The next morning I shaped half of the dough.


Baked in a 550 oven, turned down to 425 half-way.
The internal temperature was 200, so it was done, but I think it could have stayed a bit longer or at a bit higher temperature.

The crumb was not the big holey type I was expecting.
 Perhaps it needed less or more rising time???
It was delicious, and there is still dough in the refrigerator to make more!

No comments: