Follow

Sunday, March 1, 2015

25% Whole Wheat No Knead Bread

Yet another attempt to perfect the no-knead bread.  For this bread, I used 1/4 whole wheat pie and pastry flour and 3/4 bread flour.  It was about four cups.  The flour weighed 680 grams, and I added 544 grams of water (80% of 680 = 544).  The dough sat overnight and in the morning, I shaped it and allowed it to rise again.

Preheat the oven to 550º with the corningware pot and lid in the oven heating, too.

Plop the risen loaf into the pot, slash the top a few times with a super-sharp knife, put the lid on and bake for 30 minutes.  Lower the temp to 425º, remove the lid, and bake for 15 minutes more.

Here it is!
It's square because the pan is square.

I have been frustrated with the crumb, but this looks ok.



A fine loaf!


I cut the loaf into quarters and freeze three quarters.
It's fine when it comes out of the freezer.

We find the best slicing knife is the electric knife.

No comments: