Follow

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Alstroemeria - Peruvian Lily

 

A friend knew how much I enjoy cut flowers in the house, and during the winter I have none!  She surprised me with a bouquet of white ones.  They are alstroemeria, also known as Peruvian Lily.


It was such a welcome surprise gift.  D cut the stems to different lengths to make a lovely arrangement.

There were enough to make some small vases for the bathroom.  I really like to have flowers in there because I have time to enjoy them, and there's not much else to enjoy looking at.  (I am well past the age when looking in a mirror is fascinating!)
. . 
They were still lovely after two weeks!  Wow - 
We thought they were so cheery that when we saw a sale at Price Chopper, I asked the Instacart shopper to get me a bunch.  

When she asked me which color I wanted, I had no idea, so I asked her to get the freshest looking one.  Some of these shoppers are really wonderful.  When Cristina delivered the flowers, she said that she had asked the florist which were the most fresh, and the florist said, "Take these, they came in yesterday."  It was a lovely mix of colors.
The white ones have been here 17 days!  Some are just thinking about dropping petals.  They are from Grand Union.  The others have been here three days.  They are from Price Chopper.  We'll see how long they last.

. . 
As we sit here in the middle of a snowstorm, I can enjoy some wonderful flowers.  Thank you, K!  


I never even thought about buying flowers in winter.  They have brightened my home.













No comments: