Follow

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Hermès Scarf - Springs

 The Hermès scarf, Springs, was designed by Philippe Ledoux in 1974.  


The inspiration for the center carriage is a child's carriage commissioned for Napoleon's son.  

The carriage can be seen at the World of Habsburgs webpage.


Each corner has a different carriage.






Like all the Hermès scarves, this drapes well.  It's fun to wear, and since it has a pulled thread and the last cleaner messed up by ironing the hems flat, I will feel free to enjoy wearing it.



I have not been able to find a copyright, so if it's "hidden", it's hidden well!  With no copyright, I would assume this was made before 1972.  I was also unable to find the artist's signature.  If it were signed, it should say LEDOUX, probably to the left of the carriage wheel on the bottom right corner.  It may be there as black on black?

Philippe Ledoux, the artist on this Springs scarf,  began working for Hermès in 1947, and he continued until his death in 1975.  He designed 90 carres, including two that were completed after his death by his nephew, Vladimir Rybaltchenko.  Two other scarves by LeDoux that I have are Napoleon  and the Promenade de Longchamps. (I have two different colors of "Les Cavaliers d'Or" by Rybaltchenko.)

To see the other Hermès scarves I have blogged, click here.

No comments: