Follow

Friday, May 15, 2020

Fluffy Pancakes




  Fluffy Pancakes

"Tall and fluffy. These pancakes are just right. Topped with strawberries and whipped cream, they are impossible to resist."
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 2/8/2020
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • cooking spray  (I use butter)


















Directions
  • Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".  ( I use a 4 cup measuring cup, in case I want to pour.)
  • Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. 
  • Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. (Well, not really - mix until lumpy - like large-curd cottage cheese.  That's enough.)  
  • Each time I have made this, I've needed to add 1/4 cup milk.)
  • Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. (I use a non-stick skillet, so I skip this step.)
  • Pour 1/4 of batter onto the skillet, (I use an ice cream scoop) and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. 
  • Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

























ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 2/8/2020


makes 10 medium, very fluffy pancakes.  
I make them one at a time and put them on a cookie sheet in a 175º oven to keep warm until I'm ready to serve. 

Serve with butter and a sweet topping.  Honey, maple syrup, lemon curd, jelly, jam or marmalade all work well.


 You know it's time to flip when there are lots of bubbles and the edges are a bit dry.
 These edges were not very dry - that's why it's misshapen.
 Misshapen or not, these are delicious!
I put extras in the fridge or freezer, and then I can put them in the toaster oven when I want one.  






3 comments:

Becky said...

Yum! My mom used to make animal shapes for my kids. She was very talented at it too.

Betsy Greeley said...

They look really good. I showed the picture to John. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight? Love breakfast for dinner!

L or D said...

I had no talent at making animals - so we made initials (or dirty words!).