Follow

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cinnamon Nut Wreath

I need another "Dish to Pass".  This bread looked so pretty in the recipe that I decided to try it.  I used my goto Challah bread recipe as the base.


After the first rise, I rolled it out into a rectangle.  Then dusted with cinnamon and powdered sugar mix.  Added chopped cashews.  Rolled it into a log.  Pulled the log into a circle.

 Put a can in the middle to keep the center open.

 After it had risen a bit, I used kitchen shears to cut segments 2/3 of the way to the center and then twisted each segment.
 It was allowed to rise more, then baked at 350ยบ.
It's not super sweet.

If you wanted a sweet filling, there should probably also be sugar or brown sugar in the filling.

It could also be served with strawberry butter or strawberry cream cheese.
Wouldn't that be nice!



No comments: