Follow

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gift Idea - Parson's Daughter


It is a challenge to come up with gifts during the holiday season.  We were quite proud of ourselves when we came up with the idea of an assortment of vintage candy.  We were about to order some candy on line - then receive it - then try to package attractively even though talent is limited. . . .

Tah, Dah!  We know where to find some vintage candy and special candy and a person with talent to package it attractively!


Sharon Jeffer owns and operates "The Parson's Daughter".  When I mentioned my idea, she suggested I bring a container and she would fill it.  "Make it look abundant," is her motto.  I found two autumn-themed serving bowls (one never has enough bowls!) and made a selection of fun candies and chocolate.


When we made the selections, Sharon kept a running tab so that I could stay within my budget.  While she was packing, she saw we were still under budget, so she found a couple of items I had missed that added oomph to the package, so she included them, too.  She still stayed well within my budget.

Among other things, there are pop-rocks, flying saucers, wax bottles, chocolate coated sunflower seeds, giant jawbreakers, bubblegum, Beechman's Gum, Mexican hats, chocolate babies, beach rocks, rock sugar crystal, peach-schnapps cordials, jelly belly surprises (you cannot tell by color - it may be popcorn flavor or it may be mud flavor, for example), and a box of sea salt chocolate caramels.  

Sharon did not charge for the packaging and presentation.  What a deal!!!

I think these will be well received! 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

awwos said...

How fun! Especially since one can never have too much candy, either. Happy, Happy.