Follow

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pizza

I found a recipe that was supposed to make the greatest pizza crust: 

 

Ingredients

  • 22 1/2 ounces (about 4 1/2 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • .35 ounces kosher salt (about 3 teaspoons)
  • 2 teaspoons instant yeast
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 15 ounces lukewarm water
  • Mix today, in the food processor, make tomorrow.
  • food lab recipe

I used my own pizza sauce with sausage and meatball and topped with whole milk mozzarella. 



















I did it on a cookie sheet which I placed on the stone in a 550 degree oven.
While it cooled a bit, I added freshly grated locatelli.

Cut into squares, it was ready to eat.
D liked it very much.  I thought it was too bready.

The next day, I made one with ricotta and pepperoni.  Good, but again D likes the crust better than I do.

No comments: