Follow

Friday, May 11, 2012

Naan

Naan
Today I had a taste for naan, the flat Indian bread.
I found a recipe online at http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2010/08/naan/
It's a fairly quick and easy recipe for 8 naan:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup warm water
2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup canola oil (I used olive oil)
1/3 cup Chobani Greek fat free plain yogurt
1 large egg
olive oil for cooking (you can use butter if you prefer)

After the first rise, cut into 8 pieces and roll out.

I used a super-hot cast iron frypan lightly coated with olive oil.

When the first side is brown enough, flip to do the second side.

Eat!

I served it with pork tenderloin.
I used the rest of the yogurt to make a sauce:
three cloves of minced garlic
lemon juice
salt and pepper.

So I guess this was a cross between a Greek and an Indian meal.

No comments: